Sunday, October 26, 2014

August

A quiet ride to Lincoln City :)





GG and Jaxon

Safety Town!

Graduation

GG came to watch

Sierra made some new friends

And got a pink rose from GG

Ummm..... superhero/minnie mouse/fox
It's August!  School is just around the corner.  Sierra is starting to feel pretty apprehensive about it but is still excited.  Usually before bed her fears come out and there have been lots of tears and I end up laying with her until she goes to sleep.  I'm not really sure how to calm her worries besides just being there.  I registered her for Safety Town which is just for kids ready to go into kindergarten.  They learn all kinds of safety tips and get to know other kids that will be going to school with them.  It was a week long and from 9 to12.  Sierra wasn't as fond of it as she was her bible school, but she did fine and made some new friends.  She and Jaxon got their first colds by the end of the week, a precursor, I'm sure of what is to come when school starts.   

We took a trip to Lincoln City for  a few days mid month.  Mom and Dad rented a house to celebrate all of our late summer.fall birthdays.  Grandma and John came too as well as Amy and Ben.  The kids did great, but with all four of us in one room at night, Jess and I didn't get whole lot of sleep.  The weather was nice, there was a hot tub, good food, and family time.  

The garden has been doing great and the kids and I have been spending a lot of time outside and at Grandma Shelly's house enjoying her pool!  Sierra has been a little fish and is learning to doggie paddle.  She's been wearing floaties on her arms since she was little and trying to get them off of her has been really hard.  But after being in the pool enough (usually 3 or 4 days a week) she can now comfortably go without them and can doggie paddle across the whole pool.  She can touch everywhere, which makes it less worrisome for me!  It's been awesome to see her confidence build.  Jaxon likes to dip his toes in and  if it's hot enough outside will let me put his body in, but usually he wants me to carry him around the whole time and sing row your boat.  The weather has been so beautiful and I'm so grateful we have a place that's close by, and free to swim.

I'm still trying to prepare myself for next month and the changes that are coming.  It makes me so emotional!  I've been trying really hard to just act excited in front of Sierra so she doesn't pick up on it.  Jaxon and I have enjoyed our one on one time while she's been gone at her week long "practice schools".  I know this is all a part of life, but it's so hard to see your kiddos grow up.  Here's to hoping that I can keep it together on her first day!  :)

1 comment:

  1. The safety town picture is a clone of you at that age. Try to find one in your album and you'll agree!

    ReplyDelete