Sunday, September 7, 2014

June


Jaxon and Tiki bird.

Before bedtime snuggles.

Excited about painting!

Look out!  Jaxon's behind the wheel!



Our new addition to the garden this year.  It doubled in size!

The first black cap is ripe.

Guess who got to eat it?

June's beauty.

My happy florist.
We started off the month with a cold that lasted weeks with a nasty cough.  It's June, no more germs right?  Despite many sleepless nights and some rough days we still managed to enjoy some outside time.  Plants are going in the garden, we've been enjoying some berries, and it looks like we are going to have a great grape crop this year.  The cherries are coming along nicely as well, as long as we don't get heavy late rains like we did last year.  I love summer so much!

After much research and thought, we decided this month that we are going to send Sierra to Philomath for school. I was seriously losing sleep over trying to decide, but Philomath is going to let me send her to school for only half a day.  Apparently only 3 out of almost 100 students will be doing the half day, but it finally made me breathe a little easier.  Maybe after the first week we'll decide she's ready to go to full day, or she might stay half a day all year.  We will probably be assigned work to do at home together, which I'm totally on board with.  Despite the relief I feel about her going to school part time, I'm still really struggling.   I'm not ready to give her up.  A huge part of me just wants to keep her home, but I feel like that would be a disservice to her.  She loves people, new places, different things.  I realize I could give her some of those things from home, but what my heart is telling me is that school is right for her.  I know I've talked about how rough age 4 has been, but even on the very roughest of days, when I go to put the kids to bed I am so grateful that I've been here to watch them grow and change EVERY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment