Thursday, July 10, 2014

April

A flower for sissy.

We are loving the spring sunshine!

This is why I get hit or kicked in the face if she sleep with me.....

Mommy and Daddy had a weekend away!!

It brought out our goofiness....

And reminded us that after 11 plus years of marriage we still like each other ;)

The garden is ready! 

Jaxon loves Sierra's trike!

He also loves her pink sunglasses.


Sierra and I went to a birthday party for her cousin in Portland.

We were late but the second we got there she ran in and joined the group!

Matching aprons for Easter Egg dying.



Happy Easter!






Our Zoey girl turned 15 this month!  She's almost deaf and has slowed down A LOT, but we hope she is around for a few more years!
Spring!  We've seen sun!  Oh happy day!  The kids have loved being able to frolic around outside.  And for the first time since Sierra was born, I'm actually able to get some stuff done outside!  Jaxon is old enough to not eat dog poop, or mud soup, or fall on absolutely everything, so while they are cooking up some lovely inedible concoction, I weed the nearest flower bed, or wash the nearest window.  It's glorious!  I sitll cannot let Jaxon out of my site or he'll take off on his own down the driveway, but I don't have to carry him around or hold his hand every second either.  We are all enjoying our freedom, even if it's only for 10 minutes at a time.  Sierra is also old enough that I can let her go outside for a few minutes before Jaxon and I head out, or come in a little bit later.  She knows she just has to stay near a window so that I can peek out at her frequently.  My babies are growing up so fast!

Jesse and I took a trip to the coast (Garibaldi) for the weekend by ourselves this month!  Jaxon caught a cold a few days before we left so I was really paranoid about leaving him, but he did great with his Grandma Shelly and PopPop.  I ended up getting sick the very first night of our weekend away, but it was a pretty mild cold and we really enjoyed our time together.  We went on a hike to a waterfall, went to garage sales, enjoyed samples at the Cheese Factory without a single worry about nap time!  Again, glorious!

We had a very low key Easter this year.  We didn't go to any egg hunts or do much of anything except with our family.  The kids both loved finding eggs in our yard and enjoyed a few pieces of candy.  We still had some Halloween candy left from trick or treating (yah, my kids are not big candy eaters) and a few pieces of that may have found their way into the Easter eggs.  That may be wrong on lots of levels, but it didn't seem to bother the kids.  :)

The day before Easter, Sierra, GG, and I drove up to Portland together to go to a Frozen themed birthday party.  It was at a dance studio and part of the party was dance lessons.  We were about 30 minutes late and all the kids were already lined up and dancing but Sierra didn't even stop to take her shoes off and she ran right up beside the birthday girl and started to dance.  I LOVE that about her!  I was/am not like that at all.  She had fun, made new friends, and got to sing along to her favorite Frozen song.  Quite a busy day!  She passed out on the ride home which I will admit made the drive much quieter.

We are looking forward to the warm months ahead and planting the garden is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment